After breast cancer surgery, it is the most effective to perform exercise for the clients with lymphedema under the guidance.
In addition, experts also proposed 18 recommendations to prevent upper extremity edema after breast cancer surgery:
- Does not neglect the mild edema of upper arm or chest, if any, tell doctors in time.
- Blood and injections are forbidden on the limb
- Avoid blood pressure on the limb, if the upper limb lymphedema; blood pressure should be done on the lower limb
- Maintain the skin clean and dry, especially the skin folds and fingers space of the limb and rub lotion after bath
- Avoid resistance to repetitive motion, such as scrubbing or push-pull
- Not to mention heavy objects (5kg) and take bag with the contra lateral
- Do not wear tight elastic necklace and bracelet
- Avoid overheating during shower or wash the dishes and avoid the sauna or hot bath
- Avoid limb injuries, such as cuts, burns, sports injuries, insect bites, scratches, etc. and avoid nails any injury;
- Maintain ideal body weight, into low-salt, high protein, digestible diet and no smoking and drinking
- Doing housework or gardening with gloves
- Avoid fatigue on the limb. Please rest and raise the limb when the limb pain
- Do some exercises such as walking, swimming, aerobics, biking, aerobics or yoga
- Lymphedema patients wear elastic in the air; flight elastic bandage and with more fluid plus long-distance
- Wear Light fake milk or the right, no steel bra
- Remove armpit hair with electric shaver
- The lymphedema patients should wear elastic sleeve during the day; please check every 4 to 6 months
- Any symptoms of infection, such as rash, itching, redness, pain, increased skin temperature or fever should be promptly reported to your doctor.